Please make sure you have read and understood all the instructions before use. If Bar Mitts have any creases, leave them in the baggie and put them in the sun for a short time. The heat will help flatten the creases.
INSTALLING MOUNTAIN MITTS
- Open zipper and the two velcro straps next to zipper.
- Slide the zipper opening over bar end, brake lever and shifters.
- Secure velcro straps on inside of Mitt around bar end. This keeps Mitts in place while in use. The easiest way to secure the velcro is to slide one hand through the cuff opening and one hand through the zipper opening.
- Zip up zipper and secure velcro straps at handlebar end cables
INSTALLING CAMPY / SRAM
(Internally Routed Cables)
- Holes with velcro tabs will face inside towards hadlebar stem for installation.
- Open velcro tabs at cuff and velcro cinch at small opening of Mitt. Slide the large opening of Mitt onto the drop of the handlebar and up over brake lever and shifters while feeding bar end through the small hole with cinch.
- Secure velcro around handlebar top.
- Secure and tighten velcro cinch at drop of handlebar. This will keep Mitts in place while in use.
(Externally Routed Cables)
- Zipper and hole with velcro tabs should face inside toward handlebar stem for installation.
- Open zipper and velcro tabs. Slide the large opening of Mitt onto the drop of handlebar and up over brake levers and shifters while feeding bar end through small hole of Mitt. Shift cable should be fully seated at zipper end at hood.
- Secure velcro tabs around handlebar and zip up zipper.
- Secure velcro tab over zipper pull. This will keep zipper in closed position.
Riding no hands is dangerous and can result in a crash with Bar Mitts installed. Due to the added surface area created by the Bar Mitts, cross winds can cause an unexpected turn.